Newsletter May 2016
MYERLEE CIRCLE NEWS LETTER
OFF SEASON EDITION
MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT:
It has been an exciting first 4 weeks as President of the Association. I have met more members and done some house calls to address items as well as to pass
on information. I have found in most instances that the quick attention and personal interest has been met favorably. The total leadership of the association is digging in to review many documents and general management protocols to be sure we are serving the association as well as possible. Thank you for your understanding and support at this time.
Some other points to update you on include:
1. We do not have a final outcome on the Financial Audit yet. As soon as we do, the Board will review it and share the info with the community in general.
2. The directory has been updated (Thank you Julia) and delivered to those who are in full time residence. When people return, they should stop by the office and pick up their copy for their unit.
3. The Board will be taking on a project this summer by checking through emergency info sheets and keys we have on hand in the office for each unit. We will start with full time residents. We will not enter anyone’s unit without permission, but many folks have changed doors or locks or moved on, so we want
to be sure info is up to date for emergencies or safety checks as our rules and regulations provide. The Snowbird owners – etc., we will check in with as they return in the fall and so on.
4. A reminder that the Board of Director’s meeting time has changed to 1:00pm on the 3 rd Tuesday of each month. Steve Harris’ report starts at 12:45. All owners are invited to attend.
5. Issues concerning dog walking have been relayed to me in many forms, print and conversations. I have no answers that will satisfy all at this time. My recommendation is to treat each other, as you would like to be treated. As much as I don’t like to quote my mother, there it is. I continue to research and
learn as much as possible to come to a solution.
6. To those attending Happy Hour – the numbers are getting smaller, but this week is Cinco de Mayo! Think Mexican appetizers for your food choices perhaps….
Good Health – Safe Travels to any going away – Stay Cool
BOOK CLUB: Our book club will meet at the Myerlee Country Club on Tuesday, May 17 at 10:30. We may continue meeting throughout the summer on the third Tuesday of the month. For more information please call Eileen Lightell at 239-415-9318.
WEEKLY ACTIVITIES: The regular weekly activities, such as the Monday’s Canasta Club, Thursday’s Art Group and Happy Hour, Friday Bocce (weather permitting) will continue throughout the summer.
COMMUNITY NEWS: Please remember when you have news of community activities, club meetings, special events, personal loss, landmark birthdays, yard sales or anything of general interest, contact Julia Tepper at 239-400- 0119 or email your article to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 25 th of the month.